- Licensed Professional Counselor in 1987.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in 1998.
- Established in Northern Virginia in 1990 to join the Minirth-Meier and Byrd Clinic in Fairfax.
- Entered into private practice in 1997 and continues in that to this day.
- Graduated from Liberty University – Bachelor of Science degree in Pastoral Studies, a professional ministry degree that majored in Bible and minored in Theology, Greek, and Pastoral Counseling.
- Masters degree in Counseling in 1983 at Liberty Seminary.
- Post-graduate coursework at Lynchburg College and the University of Virginia.
- Ordained minister by Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, Virginia
- Taught counseling courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels at Liberty University
- Co-authored TIME OUT: Daily Devotions For Workaholics. (1991) With Hurst, G., Sides, L. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishing.